List of vulnerability assessment tools:
- Nessus Professional
- N-Stalker Web Application Security Scanner X Enterprise Edition
- Burp Suite
- Qualys Vulnerability Managment (Qualys VM)
- GFI LanGuard
- Qualys FreeScan
- Retina CS
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analizer (MBSA)
- Automated Vulnerability Detection System (AVDS)
- Core Impact Pro
- Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Nipper Studio
- Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
- Nsauditor Network Security Auditor
One of the most popular are Nikto, N-Stalker or Burp Suite.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) maintains a comprehensive list of vulnerability assessment tools:
List of vulnerability assessment tools
Commercial. There is a free demo version.
Command-line vulnerability web scanner, present in Kali Linux.
It is used in Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) course.
Desktop application with graphical interface.
There is a free version (BS Community Edition) and commercial (BS Professional)
Open Vulnerability Assessment Scanner (OpenVAS) is a free tool that belongs to suite Greenbone Vulnerability Manager and developed by Greenbone networks.
It is free and open-source software (FOSS). Most of its components are under a GPL licence.
Drozer is a security and attack framework for Android
Mobile Security Framework (MobSF) is a security framework for Android, iOS and Windows.
N-Stalker Web Application Security Scanner X Enterprise Edition
Qualys Vulnerability Managment (Qualys VM)
Microsoft Baseline Security Analizer (MBSA)
Automated Vulnerability Detection System (AVDS)
Core Impact Pro
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Nsauditor Network Security Auditor
It can be considered a vulnerability assessment tool for wireless networks.
You might be also interested in…
- “CISPP Study Guide 9th Edition”, p. 737; Mike Chapman et al.; 2021