List of vulnerability assessment tools:
- Qualys Vulnerability Managment (Qualys VM)
- Nessus Professional
- GFI LanGuard
- Qualys FreeScan
- Burp Suite
- Retina CS
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analizer (MBSA)
- Automated Vulnerability Detection System (AVDS)
- Core Impact Pro
- N-Stalker Web Application Security Scanner X Enterprise Edition
- Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Nipper Studio
- Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
- Nsauditor Network Security Auditor
One of the most popular are Nikto, N-Stalker or Burp Suite.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) maintains a comprehensive list of vulnerability assessment tools:
List of vulnerability assessment tools
Commercial. There is a free demo version.
Command-line vulnerability scanner, present in Kali Linux.
It is used in CEH course.
N-Stalker Web Application Security Scanner X Enterprise Edition
Desktop application with graphical interface.
There is a free version (BS Community Edition) and commercial (BS Professional)
Open Vulnerability Assessment Scanner (OpenVAS) is a free tool that belongs to suite Greenbone Vulnerability Manager and developed by Greenbone networks. Most of its components are under licence GPL.
Drozer is a security and attack framework for Android
Mobile Security Framework (MobSF) is a security framework for Android, iOS and Windows.
Qualys Vulnerability Managment (Qualys VM)
Microsoft Baseline Security Analizer (MBSA)
Automated Vulnerability Detection System (AVDS)
Core Impact Pro
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Nsauditor Network Security Auditor
It can be considered a vulnerability assessment tool for wireless networks.
You might be also interested in…
- “CISPP Study Guide 9th Edition”, p. 737; Mike Chapman et al.; 2021