There are different modelling languages used in the market. Software will be classified depending on the modelling language they support and their purpose. These are some of the main modelling languages:
- Unified Modeling Language (UML): general purpose modelling language for software engineering adopted by the Object Management Group (OMG).
- System Modeling Language (SysML): open source and general-purpose modelling language for software engineering, that is defined as an extension of a subset of UML.
- Business Process Modelling (and) Notation (BPMN): graphical representation for specifying business process in business process modelling. Newest version is BPMN 2.
- Event-driven Process Change (EPC): type of flowchart used for business process modelling. It is used in the Architecture of Integrated Information System (ARIS) framework
List of Process Modeling Software
This is a non-exhaustive overview to Process Modeler software in the market:
- Dia Diagram Editor. Free and open-source (FOSS) tool that supports UML, BPMN and EPC.
- Visual Paradigm for UML (VP-UML). UML, SysML and BPMN Toolset from the OMG.
- yEd. Freeware diagramming tool that support UML and BPMN.
- Bizagi Process Modeler. Freeware UML and BPMN modeller from Bizagi company.
- ARIS Express. Freeware BPMN 2 and EPC modeller developed by Software AG.
- IndustryPrint. Internal software from Deloitte for Business Process Modelling, based on ARIS Express.
You can find a more detailed list of free process modeler software tools on this post.
[…] Process Modeler Software […]
Comments are closed.