I have come out to the need to recover some e-mails that were stored in a .pst file (easily read by Outlook, more difficulty imported to other mail client), so I needed to learn how to import mail from Outlook (2010) to Thunderbird (17).
- Ensure that Outlook is already displaying the e-mails from .pst file. It may sound obvious, but maybe you would need (as me) to import the e-mail file to the Outlook account first.
- Go to Thunderbird > Menu bar > Tools > Import…
- Select “Mail” in the dialog window.
- Select Outlook. It may take a while to import, depending on the file size.
- When it is finished, we will see our imported files in the Local Folders: